Saturday, May 26, 2012

muffin.


I tried a new recipe last night. It was a compilation of recipes in an attempt to get rid of some very ripe bananas. It turned out pretty well, but I didn't add any sugar, so it may be too unsweet for others. I thought it worked out perfectly.

{Vegan} Banana Nut Muffins
4 medium ripe bananas
a dash of baking soda
cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger to taste
a few tablespoons ground flaxseed
a tablespoon (or so) coconut oil
about half a cup nut milk
about 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
vanilla
oats until desired consistency
chopped walnuts

Bake at 350°F until done (15 minutes). They will be
very moist, but will stiffen up after cooled.

UPDATE: I made these again and used riper bananas, almond meal in place of the flour (leftover from my homemade almond milk), a tablespoon of cocoa, wheat bran, coconut flakes, and a handful of dark chocolate chips. The result was a sweeter, tastier muffin that won compliments quite readily.

No comments:

Post a Comment