Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What the?

So, one of my books was recalled a few days ago.

I was in the middle of reading this excellent novel (which I've now read the beginning of twice and waited for three eternities for it to come off of hold)

I was very upset because graduate students have such rights that they can recall whatever book they want for their own personal use.

I not only received an email but a green letter informing me that if I didn't return the book on time I would be charged a hefty fine.

Upon closer inspection, I discovered that the book had been recalled only 24 minutes early. It's original due date is February 19, 23:59 and now I have to return it at 23:35. Seriously, what's going to happen in 24 minutes that deserves green stationary?







I also saw this hilarious video about the UN I thought I would share with all of you.

1 comment: